poll-daddy-chart

The findings of my poll are generally positive. With the overall trend of overuse with antibiotics in this country, I expected the results to reflect some of this overuse, but I found quite the opposite. 62.5% of the respondents claimed that they hadn’t taken a single antibiotic prescription in the prescription two years. On the other hand, 37.5% of people either had one-two, three-four or four+ antibiotic prescriptions in the previous two years. Based off the responses, the respondents not only are overusing antibiotics, but avoiding needing them in the first place, by avoiding infections. Hopefully this kind of model can spread throughout the country, where currently 80% of Americans take at least one antibiotic prescription yearly (CBS).

Sources:

CBS/AP. “CDC: 4 out of 5 Americans prescribed antibiotics each year.” CBSNEWS. CBS            Interactive Inc., 11 Apr. 2013. Web. 7 Sep. 2014.

Advertisements